How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116828
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to vacate a void judgement but my case actually went

Customer Question

I need to vacate a void judgement but my case actually went all the way to COA. The judge on the original case was disqualified and new judge found for me. The other party said the new judge was not the judge who presided over the trial so the case went to AD. This is an forcible detainer case. The AD division ruled there is no records due to disqualification of bench officer, I am stuck with the judgement and ordered to pay for attorney fees.
Need help to vacate judgement due to lack of jurisdiction.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the AD ruled that the judgment is valid, despite you arguing it was not valid, then it is not a "void judgment" as you are saying because the AD ruled it was valid. Your next step or recourse would be you have to file an appeal of the AD decision to the Supreme Court. So unless you get the Supreme Court to agree with you that it is void for lack of jurisdiction, the judgment remains valid and you cannot vacate it.