Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I live in Collin County Texas. I have a 23 year old son who

Customer Question

I live in Collin County Texas. I have a 23 year old son who fathered a child at 17. He panicked during the pregnancy and ran from me to my very disfunctional family and my half brothers convinced him to sign away his rights to his daughter. Noelle is my granddaughter's name. I was in her life from the moment she was born. When I finally retrieved my son and got him home, things went well with Noelle and her mother for a brief time with my son. He had known he made a terrible mistake from the beginning and wanted my help fixing it. She was eventually told this was her Daddy and my son was ready to be a father. I even sent the two parents to therapy first to protect the baby and to be sure my son could handle this because it was all or nothing as a parent, in my opinion. Things fell apart and the child was ripped away from us 2 years ago. I am aware that I have no standing in Grandparent's rights. But I want to be certain that my son has no way of reversing his actions as I was told. I don't want anyone fighting and harming this child. I just want to be sure that there is no way my son can ask for visitation because he made a mistake when he was only 17.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Who helped him do this when he was 17?