Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What are the double parking rules trucks in Newark, NJ?

Customer Question
What are the double parking...
What are the double parking rules for delivery trucks in Newark, NJ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
10/17/2015
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Please click THIS LINK for the Newark Code. When there open up the tab that says Code. Scroll down to Title XXIII Traffic. Open it up and then go to Parking at Chapter 5. You can read all the parking laws there. It is difficult for me to tell you anything other than that because the Code is broken down into many parking categories. So it is easier for you to review it and see what applies to you.

Though I did find this

23:5-3.4. Curb Loading Zones.

a. The Department of Engineering may designate a curb loading zone upon the special request of any person/business when, on the basis of a site inspection conducted by the Department of Engineering, it is determined that such curb loading zone is necessary and justified by traffic conditions at the proposed location. The days and hours of curb loading zone will be designated by the Department of Engineering based on the needs of the applicant and the current parking restrictions.

b. Any person/business shall be eligible to apply for a curb loading zone on an application provided by the Department of Engineering. The following information shall be printed on the application and supplied by the applicant to the City: Applicant Name, Company/Business Name, Address, Telephone Number, indicate access to driveway, loading dock, garage or parking lot; indicate type of vehicles making deliveries, indicate days and hours of deliveries, and a signed and dated declaration by the applicant that he/she has not willingly or knowingly made a false statement or given information which they know to be false.

c. Any person/business who requests a curb loading zone not in a metered parking area shall make written application to the Department of Engineering. After approval of such application by the Department of Engineering and a payment of one hundred fifty ($150.00) dollars check or money order for each twenty (20) feet of curb parking space or fraction thereof to the City, a permit for such curb loading zone may be issued subject to the provisions of paragraph a, above. The permit shall contain such conditions as the Department may prescribe, and shall be valid for one (1) year. The permit shall not be transferable but may be reissued annually upon payment of a renewal fee of one hundred fifty ($150.00) dollars check or money order for each twenty (20) feet of curb parking space or fraction thereof.

d. Any person/business who requests a curb loading zone in parking metered area shall make written application to the Department of Engineering. After approval of such application by the Department of Engineering and a payment of four hundred ($400.00) dollar check or money order for each metered parking space or fraction thereof included in the curb loading zone, a permit for such curb loading zone may be issued subject to the provisions of paragraph a, above. The permit shall contain such conditions as the Department may prescribe, and shall be valid for one (1) year. The permit shall not be transferable but may be reissued annually upon payment of a renewal fee of four hundred ($400.00) dollar check or money order for each metered parking space or fraction thereof.

e. Any person/business who requests a curb loading zone which is not in a metered parking area and is located in the Newark Downtown area bounded by McCarter Highway to the east, University Avenue to the west, Lackawanna Avenue and Division Street in the north, and East Kinney Street and West Kinney Street to the south, shall make written application to the Department of Engineering. After approval of such application by the Department of Engineering and a payment of two hundred fifty ($250.00) dollar check or money order to the City for each twenty (20) feet of curb parking space or fraction thereof, a permit for such curb loading zone may be issued subject to the provisions of paragraph a. above. The permit shall contain such conditions as the Department may prescribe, and shall be valid for one (1) year. The permit shall not be transferable but may be reissued annually upon payment of a renewal fee of two hundred fifty ($250.00) dollar check or money order for each twenty (20) feet of curb parking space or fraction thereof.

f. Any person/business who requests a curb loading zone in a parking metered area and located in the Newark Downtown area bounded by McCarter Highway in the east, University Avenue in the west, Lackawanna Avenue and Division Street in the north, and East Kinney Street and West Kinney Street in the south, shall make written application to the Department of Engineering. After approval of such application by the Department of Engineering and a payment of six hundred ($600.00) dollar check or money order to the City for each metered parking space or fraction thereof included in the curb loading, a permit for such curb loading zone may be issued subject to the provisions of paragraph a. above. The permit shall contain such conditions as the Department may prescribe, and shall be valid for one (1) year. The permit shall not be transferable but may be reissued annually upon payment of a renewal fee of six hundred ($600.00) dollars check or money order for each metered parking space or fraction thereof.

g. Vehicles loading, unloading, delivering or picking up freight or materials shall be permitted to park in loading zones not to exceed one (1) hour, and vehicles shall not be left unattended.

h. The Department of Engineering may terminate any curb loading zone permit and remove the signs erected if payment of the annual fee shall be thirty (30) days in arrears, or whenever public convenience or necessity warrants such action; provided that thirty (30) days' notice for such intended action shall be given to the person/business to whom the permit has been issued.

i. No fee shall be required for the designation of a curb loading zone at any government building, school or hospital.

Sam, Attorney at Law