How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116743
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a second grader who has been throwing up before

Customer Question

We have a second grader who has been throwing up before school for 6 weeks. A month ago his doctor wrote a letter saying he needed to be moved to a different teacher. Principal said has anyone seen this letter? Take it home and lets try to keep him with her! A month later my son is still throwing up. I know of 2 teachers who are wonderful with dealing with this. He said I will only move him to this brand new man teacher. The only one I didn't ask for. We said no he said "his school goals are more important then moving your kid". What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, the parents of the student do not get to select the teachers. If your son is having issues with this one teacher and the doctor's note is supporting this contention, then you can request the school only to remove him from that teacher causing the issues, but that does not mean you have the right to pick which class he goes to, as class assignments is the purview and right of the school to make. You can go to the school board if you disagree with where the principal wants to move him, but their decision would be final. The alternative is to give this other teacher that the principal wants to send him to a chance and if it does not work out THEN go to the school board, because then you would have grounds to show that the alternative suggested by the school is not working.

Related Legal Questions