How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a low 6 figures contract to do a commercial concrete

Customer Question

I had a low 6 figures contract to do a commercial concrete pour of a city owned parking garage in a bigger city in new York . The Co .gc. who was representing a larger g.c. or construction manager had from the beginning not allowed me to work my way he was trying to get me to buy expensive unneeded equipment for demo portion .then he said city postponed for winter .spring time came he told me soon would restart then without any notice call text email letter anything he gave concrete away to someone else behind my back . He won't return calls or texts and I'm furious the know I was small contractor recovering from recession and figure I can't do much about it.... pissed off
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation. It appears you have a breach of contract claim against the G.C. (and possibly the City).
Unfortunately with these kinds of construction claims it is really necessary to review all of the paperwork and documentation to help you identify the exact claims, who is liable, whether you must participate in arbitration or if you can go straight to trial, and how to calculate your damages. This does require a local attorney to perform this kind of formal legal service for you, but fortunately once you get your rights figured out you can likely resolve the dispute with mediation rather than having to go to litigation or arbitration (you may not get the full amount you are owed, but you can recover something without having to invest in full blown litigation).

You can find local civil litigation attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).