How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27546
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm 29 & trying to decide if seeing a lawyer is worth the

Customer Question

I'm 29 & trying to decide if seeing a lawyer is worth the cost - I don't know if I have even a chance of winning a case. My entire immediate family has a rare form of chronic migraine which is resistant to standard treatment. I managed to complete high school but after 3 years of college had to come home & have been incapacitated by pain ever since. Also, age 21 I was diagnosed with a condition which has required 5 brain surgeries in as many years, and will require more throughout my life. For years my pain was as managed as possible (pain tolerable). My doctor discontinued my pain treatment NOT due to my doing anything wrong or my condition resolving but because of "medicolegal issues" regarding use of pain medication. He referred me to my provider's pain management program, and they refuse to adequately treat me despite my compliance with every single request. The pain now has me severely depressed. My records back all of this up. Do I have a case for being under-treated?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Based upon what you shared above, it would appear you are trying to determine if you have a possible medical malpractice case. If so, you should be aware, that these cases are typically taken on a contingency basis, so it should not cost you anything up front. As such, you can set up a consultation with a medical malpractice attorney, bring your records and speak with them and they can determine if there is a good faith basis to proceed and sue. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Legal Questions