How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 35003
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When I was 17 in May I went to the hospital and I turned 18

Customer Question

When I was 17 in May I went to the hospital for dehydration and I turned 18 in June I'm now being charged 2 thousand dollars even though i was under my fathers insurance when the event happened. Is that allowed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

It is allowed for the hospital to bill you, as the patient, assuming you are an adult.

Now...if you had insurance, you can demand the insurance company engage and pay this (or reimburse the cost you have to pay).
But if the question is can the hospital charge you directly?

Yes they can.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.