Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

I lost my government issued id how can I get to my plane. I

Customer Question

I lost my government issued id how can I get to my plane. I have a expired drivers license and the local notary guy said he would give me a notarized letter stating that he knowe me and he has seen on many occasions my valid id
Expert:  Cerecita replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and welcome!

The TSA understands that many people misplace or lose their driver's licenses (and, as you already know, an expired license is not valid), so they have alternative forms of ID you can show at security screening. Here is a list:

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification

The notary guy, trying to help you out, is very nice, but I don't know if that would be acceptable. There's no reason not to try that, but, in the case that you don't have any of the alternate forms of ID to show, don't worry, because the TSA can access multiple publicly available databases with information to confirm your identity.

Bring the expired driver's license with you, so they have that information, and you should not have a problem getting on your plane. However, I would leave at least an hour of extra time at the airport, since you will have to be screened in a different way and it might take longer.

I hope all will work out well and wish you safe travel!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cerecita replied 2 years ago.

Hi again,

I'm just checking in with you to see how everything is going and if you found my answer helpful. If you did find the information in my answer helpful, please let me know, here. Thanks!

If you need any additional information or have any further concerns, just click 'Reply' and I will be happy to continue our conversation.

Warmest wishes,

Cher