Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I was fired from my job conduct made a fake or some device

Customer Question
I was fired from my...
I was fired from my job for disordly conduct for haveing made a fake or some device looking like a bomb the object sat in plain sight for 17 days my boss and other staff that worked in the shop knew that it was there on the 17th of july my boss on one of his bipolar days decides to make a big deal of this but all of this acured after I told my boss that I had saw him and a engineers stealing copper is there a wa Au to sew this guy for anything
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
10/15/2015
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Before we begin, a bit more detail would be helpful please.

Did you have a written employment contract covering a specific period of time and requiring cause for dismissal?

Do you have any reason to believe you were treated differently due to your race, religion, age, gender, etc.?

No age or race thing just I and my boss didn't get along I and other people in the shop caught him and an engineer stealing copper wire aluminum s & s he started all of this mess over being mad at me for telling him I didn't think it was correct and he told me it none o of your business the prop that I built for the 4 th of july 17 days it is in plain sight and the object was moved from original spot who moved it.
How supposed to have foud it va all of a udden said he was cleaning the shop no ones ever cleaned my work.bench ever my work bech is the first one you see when you opened the shop doo

Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

If you have no written employment agreement then you are, in all likelihood, an at-will employee. As such, you are pretty much subject to the whim of your employer. They can change your schedule, your compensation or even terminate you at any time and for any reason or no reason.

The only limitation is that the employer may not take adverse action against you in violation of your civil rights (unlawful discrimination) or out of sexual harassment.

If you believe your civil rights are being violated you can file a grievance with the EEOC at www.eeoc.gov.

Otherwise, it is really a matter of internal office politics or policy and not something which could be redressed in court.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not necessarily a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Loren, Attorney