Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Filed bankruptcy several years ago, still have lien onf my

Customer Question
truck title from citifinancial, how...
filed bankruptcy several years ago, still have lien onf my truck title from citifinancial, how can I get rid of it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
10/14/2015
Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While bankruptcy eliminates your person obligation on your debts, it does not result in release of the liens on your property that were present before the bankruptcy---otherwise people would just file bankruptcy to get a free car or house.

The lender still has a valid lien and while some car loan lenders don't bother to repossess the vehicles that have liens on them, it is not possible to have the lien released until you pay the vehicle off. So, while you may be able to keep the vehicle the rest of your life, if there is still a valid lien on it, you won't be able to sell the vehicle or get clear title to it---again, unless you pay the loan off.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug

I appreciate the response and kind of thought that was the case. However on a different not I paid $36 for my first inquiry and $44 for the second.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.

Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy.

I see that you asked a separate question and that it has been locked by customer service, I am only answering the question you posted for $36. Any other monies you deposited you are free to ask for a refund of---that is not a problem.

By rating this question, you are only paying the $36.

Thanks in advance.

I wish you the best,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney