How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im italian .today is my 20 years anniversary ,and during

Customer Question

Good morning ,Im italian .today is my 20 years anniversary ,and during this all years I was with an abuser ,mentallly and phisiological and economically.Today after all this anger I decide ,well he doesn't give me other choice,to ask for divorce,He ,all the time we had a discussion he always record me and make me anger wich he have a lot of "movie",The phone is always under control and i don't feel safe at home,with his family I was treat with neglect and judgmental very racist people.I tried to ask for help with therapist ,or abusive program but I had no response what they ask is just money and insurance wich unfortunately depend on him.Today i need start an important step ,he can be rude ,violent .and very attached to the money .I need a lawyer who speak italian and live in Va ,would be nice near Gainsville.Thanks in advance if you give same help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

We are precluded from representing customers of this website.

However, I suggest the following:

1 - Contact the VA Bar Association for a legal referral. Tell them you need a local family law attorney who speaks Italian. Here is the contact information

Call(###) ###-####(metro Richmond)

Statewide and Nationwide Toll-Free Number:(###) ###-####br />
2 - I suggest you also locate a domestic abuse victim's advocacy group in your area. You can get a list from your local court house, the public library or your local hospital. Once you contact them, they will be able to help you with the process. They may even have some local attorneys to help, but not guaranteed they would speak Italian. But the groups are very good at helping victims of abuse move forward when at times you may feel you should not or cannot continue. Many times, once the abuser finds that steps are being taken to divorce, they either become very apologetic - short lived - and/or very hostile causing more abuse. So the advocacy group is a great support system.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

You state you have been married for 20 years so you could be entitled to receive spousal support/alimony from him, a share of any pension he might have, as well as a split on all your marital assets.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you