How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7408
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I won a judgment in 2011 against a couple in a car accident.

Customer Question

I won a judgment in 2011 against a couple in a car accident. They skipped town but relocated back a few years ago and are now trying to sell their condo. How can I put a lien on the sell to collect my money?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Is the condo in the same county as the court in which the judgment was entered? If so you may have to do nothing. Most states have statutes that make judgments automatic liens against real estate of the judgment debtor in the county where judgment was entered. The real estate must be in the same name as the judgment debtor. I hope that this information is helpful and that you will post a positive rating for it. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.