Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My mom is in a medicaid-approved assisted living facility

Customer Question

My mom is in a medicaid-approved assisted living facility and now needs a place offering memory care. The administrator says she has found, after evaluation, one place in both Erie & Niagara county that has an availability. I reviewed the place online and read horrible reviews. Can my mom be forced to move there?
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.

Call your Ombudsman here.These are state employees that represent all residents and can help with placement, eligibility, and care issues.They will give you some alternates I hope.You don't have to accept the first one here, see what Ombudsman can do.

ERIEMelanie Keem(###) ###-####a href="mailto***@******.***%20" target="_blank">*****@******.***

NIAGARAJennifer Pedini***-***-*********@******.***

Web page

http://www.ltcombudsman.ny.gov/whois/directory.cfm

I wish you the b est here.I appreciate the chance to help.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

More in Niagra..

https://www.caring.com/local/memory-care-facilities-in-williamsville-new-york/brookdale-niagara-memory-care

You can look at some of these places and involve the Ombudsman to help you pick a better one.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

I am not set up for phone calls but I sent you an offer for more chat time here.Thanks.