How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an injunction against me. I have not contacted the

Customer Question

I have an injunction against me. I have not contacted the person but they continue to contact me and all of the contact attempts are documented. They have also tried to contact me through friends. Their contact attempts put me at risk of violating me order and contradict their claims to be in fear of their life. Is there anything I can do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

You can file a Petition for an Injunction against him contacting you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else I can do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The injunction was granted today and only minutes after he called and had a friend try to contact me. I feel he is intentionally trying to put me in positions to violate the order. I have an attorney, but I feel he is too boggled down in other cases to help me like he should. I never even met with him before the hearing although I asked. I submitted copies of his attempted contacts for a new hearing? Is there any luck with that?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Yes, that is exactly what it appears. He is trying to set you up. I suggest that at the hearing to make the injunction permanent, you can present the information to the judge. Yes. But I suggest you do not take any communications from him or his friends.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Until the hearing, that is all you can do. Or get the Injunction against him so he cannot try to contact you. You can always drop that once the hearing on yours is finished. You can explain to the court you got the order because he was contacting you and trying to lure you to communicate with him.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The hearing is over and I already got one against me for 6 months.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thank you for the clarification. The only thing you can do is avoid him the best you can. Change you phone number, if possible. Take every precaution you can to show the court that he went out of his way to lure you and you did everything you could to avoid his advances OR get an injunction against him.