How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118809
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son (46) failed to stop on time in court office to sign a

Customer Question

My son (46) failed to stop on time in court office to sign a promise to come to Court of Justice - which he did few days latter and posted a bond after returning from an out of state business trip. Case: "Son called policy to report invasion of his businesses property; police officer did not believe it and charged my son for false statement.
Warrant for arrest was issued and police harassed on two occasion elderly heart sick father (81 old and having no criminal record ever being alone in the house) telling him first time that he could be charged for harboring the fugitive if he does not allow them to enter the house - he allowed. Next night came a violent attack on fathers front door hitting hard on them, hollering and flashing some kind special special flash light in his eyes when tried to call 911 for help to find out - that police was again in front of his house door looking for fugitive Police stooped banging on the door and momentarily left the property.
First visiting police officers were told about acute heart problems and property being in total mess after house fire. Next early morning father had scheduled 3 hours heart test which was partially canceled because extremely high blood pressure he had never before. Father's loss of balance increased and he mostly lays on the couch - waiting for test results and treatment - having fear climbing and even more coming down the steps. No further police actions.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Waiting for answer or call
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Correction to the description of incident. My son was already in Arkansas when he received a recorded message to stop over and sign the "promise" The detective never answered having long weekend including Monday. The officer at scene of invasion did not inform my son to come to sign the "promise" yet the Warrant for Arrest was issued" causing almost death to his father who got extremely high blood pressure which could rapture his very thin part of aorta (aneurysm) Rapture of an aortic aneurysm is a catastrophe and sudden death Father ended in Emergency room. Could those two incidents be joined and City of Lewisville/ Denton county, TX be defectively sued?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am afraid that if the police came looking for your son, I am afraid that you cannot hold them liable for scaring or getting the father so excited his blood pressure increased. When the police told your son to come into the office and he failed to appear, they had a right if they had probable cause to issue the warrant. You cannot hold them liable for looking for your son by going to the fathers house.

WHAT YOU CAN SEEK TO HOLD THEM LIABLE FOR is if they put a warrant out for your son without any probable cause that he committed any crime, which is what it sounds like happened here. So your son could sue for false arrest and a civil rights violation for them arresting him or issuing a warrant against him with a negligent or poorly conducted investigation claiming he falsely reported a criminal offense. So that is what your son needs to do, he needs to seek to pursue a suit against the police for improperly issuing a warrant for his arrest.