How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102504
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There is an injunction hearing today to stop an RV project.

Customer Question

There is an injunction hearing today to stop an RV project. They tried to serve over the phone and I am yet to receive any paper work. The court asked me to pick up paperwork. How can I ask the judge to dismiss or extend hearing date?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

An extension request is called a continuance. This would mean filing a Motion for Continuance and serving it to the other parties, and setting it for a hearing either the SAME day as the hearing one wishes to extend, or earlier (earlier is much preferred). The parties should have at least 3 days notice to the hearing.

You can find a sample HERE.

It is impossible to dismiss hearing on a valid motion requested by another party. So likely, this will not be possible - it is more likely that the Court will grant the continuance, if this is filed timely and properly, and there is a good reason to request it.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith by rating me positively.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!