How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 26825
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It was 25 years ago where I wrote hot checks and I paid

Customer Question

It was 25 years ago where I wrote hot checks and I paid those checks. My question is how do I get it off my record
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.


What was the end result of the case? Were you convicted? What was your sentence?

If you disposed of your case with a pre-trial diversion program (no plea, case dismissed after community supervision) you would be eligible to get the record of your case expunged. If you disposed of it with a deferred adjudication (you took a plea, got community supervision, then your conviction was dismissed) you'd be eligible to get an order of non-disclosure which would seal your record.

Otherwise, Texas doesn't remove convictions from your record unless they have first been pardoned by the governor. Pardons are free and require no lawyer to do this for you. I will attach some information to my answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the court house and paid the checks. There was no community services or jail time. No trail it was just pay the checks
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Did you take any plea? Did you see a judge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No judge just DA asking to pay this money and it was provide in money order
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No plea or nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Call you later today I am in orientation for a job and this is where this can up and I did not know this was there
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the prompt reply. If there was no plea or sentence, you should be eligible for an expungement. You will have to petition the court. I'm going to attach a file where you can double check your eligibility see how to do this for yourself.