Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

My US passport expired 8 months ago. Will it be an accepted

Customer Question

My US passport expired 8 months ago. Will it be an accepted form of ID?
Expert:  Cerecita replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and welcome.

Unfortunately, no, only valid (non-expired) passports are acceptable ID's. If you don't have a valid driver's license, this is the TSA's list of other acceptable ID's:

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification

If you have none of these, bring the passport with you to verify your information and leave extra time for security screening, as the TSA agent can access publicly available databases to confirm your identity and you shouldn't have a problem flying.

I hope this helped and I wish you safe travel!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cerecita replied 2 years ago.

Hello again,

I'm just checking in with you to see if you found my answer helpful and if everything is going well. Please let me know. Thanks!

Just click "Reply" if you need any additional information or tell me if you found the information in my answer sufficient in providing a response to your specific question. Thank you very much!

I hope to hear back from you soon!

Kindest regards,

Cher