How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19168
Experience:  Lawyer and legal specialist.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a judgement from the court system, the defendant

Customer Question

I received a judgement from the court system, the defendant paid at first and then the payments became sporadic before they stopped completely. What is my next course of action??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You'll have to take him back to court to do something called a "debtor's exam" where he is forced to answer questions concerning his banks, employment, property, etc.

Then you would be in a position to request garnishment of his bank accounts, a lien on his property, garnishment of work checks and even the selling of certain personal property (in some instances).

This is really the only option when they won't voluntarily pay. You might look into speaking with some local collections attorneys, to see if they are willing to do this action for you. Not all attorneys work with collections.