Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I operate a horse stable. How can I sell horses that are

Customer Question

I operate a horse stable. How can I sell horses that are owned by a client who will not pay for maintaining his horses
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

What you have is called an "Agister's Lien": http://rvpolicy.kdor.ks.gov/Pilots/Ntrntpil/IPILv1x0.NSF/698490e1288fdf7086256524007f6168/ffc649795a26b62886257868005c7862?OpenDocument

Pursuant to Section 58-207 of the Kansas Statutes Annotated, The keepers of livery stables, and all others engaged in feeding horses, cattle, hogs, or other livestock, shall have a lien upon such property for the feed and care bestowed by them upon the same, and if reasonable or stipulated charges for such feed and care be not paid within sixty (60) days after the same becomes due, the property, or so much thereof as may be necessary to pay such charges and the expenses of publication and sale, may be sold as provided in this act:

To ascertain the exact notice and publication requirements, go to section 58-211

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

HELLO AGAIN. I hope that my Answer has been helpful. If you need more information, please send me a Reply. If not, I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.