How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31737
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have two granddaughters under ca guardianship. Can I move

Customer Question

I have two granddaughters under ca guardianship. Can I move them to mo so I can have family support?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Yes, it is possible to move to another state, but you'd need to get permission from the court first. Generally, you'd file a petition for authority to re-locate and ask the judge to approve the move as being in the best interest of the children.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If the judge approves this, you can relocate and then transfer the case to a local court/judge after you've lived in the new state for 6 months.