How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On July 15, 2015, I twisted my foot while on vacation in

Customer Question

On July 15, 2015, I twisted my foot while on vacation in Maryland. I went to Patient First in Maryland. They did an x-ray and said that I has sprained my left foot; that it would be sore for a few days. It was wrapped, I was given crutches and given Etodolac (400 MG) for pain.
When I arrived back in Colorado Springs ... on the July 25, 2015 ... Patient First had called but did not leave a message. I spent several hours trying to learn the reason for their call. I finally found a nurse who pulled my records and said that they wanted to tell me that my foot was not sprained, but "Broken and I should contact an Orthopedic Surgeon!" I saw the surgeon on July 29, 2015, and had surgery on my foot on August 20, 2015 and the surgeon said that there was not ONE Break to the metataser bone ... but it was broken in THREE PLACES!
As of today, October 5, 2015 I am still wearing an air boot. I understand that I cannot prove malpractice (because of misdiagnosis), but is there ANYTHING that can be done?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

The fact is, as soon as it was discovered you were contacted. In that regard, I suggest that because they caught their misdiagnosis, it is possible they will be able to show they did not negate a level of care. And in a mal practice suit, you need to show they neglected to reach the standard of care. Since they phoned you immediately upon thier findings, I suggest there would not be any legal recourse and that you would have a difficult time locating a local attorney to bring a suit, unfortunately.

If you decide to consult with a local MD attorney, you could see if they are willing to fully review the Patient First process for instance, who was reading the x rays - where they qualified and certified technicians? If you can prove that the persons on duty were negligent, unqualified etc then you could have a case based on the negligent care.

I suggest, you also can file a complaint with the Patient First.

Patient First

Attention: Administrative Services


Glen Allen, VA 23060

Outside Richmond(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear of this situation and I hope you are healing.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you