How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33399
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandson has been charged with burgery of a habitath. He

Customer Question

My grandson has been charged with burgery of a habitath. He has been to court 6 times and resch 6 times. How many times can they do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

There are no specific limits in Texas.

What you grandson can do is have his lawyer file a Motion for Speedy Trial.

Unfortunately, if he chooses to do that then he has to live with the fact that the court may set his trial very quickly after that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome. In Texas that is the only response your grandson will have but it is one that comes with some danger of the request actually being granted so he will need to discuss it with the lawyer.

If your question has been answered completely then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.

Related Legal Questions