How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116715
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

FLORIDA ex-spouse- uncooperative with every

Customer Question

FLORIDA ex-spouse- uncooperative with every request/suggestions, to the point, a monthly PC meeting is necessary, for it to be decided by PC!!!
Is it possible, due to long history of constant lack of cooperation, expense of court is theirs??
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

It is rare that the court will order such a monthly meeting. The court would first order cooperation and would penalize the ex spouse for not cooperating, including your court costs and attorney's fees for having to file the motion to compel his cooperation in court. If the ex continues not to comply after the court order, then the court may order that there would be a monthly PC meeting and he would have to bear the costs of such a meeting, since his conduct caused this to occur.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he would have to bear the costs of such a meeting, cout ordered but expense is split????
What will it take for me to request expenses be paid by ex who never agrees to anything even with PC???
How do I change PC as well???
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

If it is his bad conduct causing the need for the meetings, such as refusal to cooperate, then the court would make him pay for that conduct. Even if the other expenses are split, if his refusal to be reasonable and cooperate is causing the need for the meetings then the court would order him to pay for it.

You have to motion the court for the change PC meetings and the changes you want and you need to state in there it is based on his refusal to cooperate and be reasonable for the best interests of the child and as such you ask the court to make him liable for the costs of the action as well.