How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118809
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sold an automobile (Sebring) to a friend's sister over a

Customer Question

I sold an automobile (Sebring) to a friend's sister over a year ago. I gave her a very special price of $500.00 which she has paid only $100.00 as of date. My question is: If I hold the title to the car can she also apply for a salvage title and therefore, NOT pay me the balance?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Legally, if the title is in your name, she cannot apply for any title. In order for her to apply for anything, it has to be in her name and she has to have proof of purchase. If the title is still in your name and she has not paid for the car as promised, you can actually go take the car back and sell it to anyone else you like and she cannot stop you, as you have the title to the vehicle.