Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

Person has a lymph node that is protruding. has biopsy done

Customer Question

Person has a lymph node that is protruding . has biopsy done and is determined that the lymph node is lymphoma. The node can be seen by the naked eye, size of an almond. On all documentations; ultrasound, biopsy, and cats can specifically says it is located posteriorly on left neck. Person sees a surgeon to get it removed. Surgeon clearly sees it, grabs it with fingers. Reads all the previous examinations. Two days later same surgeon negliently removed perfectly good lymph node located 3 inches away from where the lymphoma node was. Person had to get a second surgery a week later with another surgeon to take out the protruding lymphoma node. What can this person receive in compensation for neglicience/malpractice, pain and suffering, etc.. I know it's not written in stone and there are variables but an approximate ball park figure or range.
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Did this cause significant pain or health issues going forward?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was pain like any surgery but this one was unecessary because surgeon aggresiously removed wrong one and now instead of one incision on neck there are two. Also the delay in the process of removing a cancerous mass from the body. Creating more stress, worry and frustration for patient.

OK.

Like you said, this is a very difficult thing to assess down to the penny, but you can expect a settlement in the 5 figure range since there isn't future impairment that makes it more difficult for the person to work or enjoy their life. I'd expect something less than $50,000. How much less depends on way too many factors, but you should certainly go hire a lawyer ASAP.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

Glad to help. If I can't do anything else for you, please remember to "rate" my answer before you go. Good luck.

Is there something else I can do for you?