Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

T link to website and FBI letter came up and locked my

Customer Question

Hit link to website and FBI letter came up and locked my computer
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

This is a complete scam. Something you clicked on put a virus or spyware on your computer and it got your information automatically to lock up your computer and make the pop up come up.

.

Had this been a real criminal violation, first they don't give you a "heads up" via a notice that you have violated the law, they just come to your house and arrest you. Second, if this was a violation, you don't get out of it by paying a "fine", which I am sure is what they are asking for in order to "unlock" your computer, to avoid the criminal justice system entirely.

.

So no, you aren't in any legal trouble, you just have an infected computer now.

.

Get some spyware or virus software and run it on your computer like Ad-Aware Spybot or to clean it and then make sure you are careful what you click on.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome. Glad to help any time..

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

.thanks much