Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a question in regards to my grandson getting attacked

Customer Question
I have a question in...
I have a question in regards ***** ***** grandson getting attacked at school by 4 gang members that attend that school I want to be compentated for his injuries for that he is a good student a senior and works hard we have another dr. appointment to see Monday if his nose is broke it seems to be they kicked him repeatedly for 5 minutes almost before any one came forward and helped him where is the safety for our children
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
10/1/2015
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

I am sorry that your family is having this difficulty. There are steps that you can and should take to force the school to address this problem as well as steps to force the parents to be accountable for the conduct of their children.

The parents of the other students are clearly liable for the injuries caused by these other students.

BUT ALSO (VERY IMPORTANTLY), the school may very likely be liable for the injuries that your grandson suffered at the hands of these bullies. For example in Florida a jury returned a $100,000 verdict for a minor who was attacked by another student. See: S.B., by and through her Natural Parent and Guardian, Beverly Cox, v. Duval County School Board.

Similar successful actions against the schools have occurred in New Jersey, Washington State, and in other jurisdictions.

Because these are personal injury cases, the attorney's who do this work usually will take the case on a contingency basis. This means that you do not pay attorney's fees unless you receive an award or settlement. Also the attorney's who do this work will meet with you to assess the case at no cost. Accordingly, there is no reason for you to not at least speak with a Personal Injury attorney.

Also please review this link for additional resources and information:

http://publicjustice.net/sites/default/files/downloads/Bullying-Litigation-Primer-April-2013_1.pdf

You can use this link to find an attorney:

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practice/personal-injury-plaintiff

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer