How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9339
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an international student and got recessed from my

Customer Question

i am an international student and got recessed from my previous university. i had been performing badly and was on probation. but i was diagnosed with a neuro cognitive disorder and my last semester there, i was told to go from place to place and they got all kinds of tests done (which i felt they were trying to extract money) and this lasted the whole semester and then they finally chucked me out without any reasoning and didn't even give me the support that i needed being a special case. i want to know if i can sue them for grounds of harassment as i really feel this is a strong case
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i also felt that paying such a high tuition was not worth. it was a big state school and i felt i did not learn anything from it
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

It sounds like they failed to make reasonable accommodations for your medical condition, and you may have a claim under the ADA, see

and the IDEA, see

but you will need to go over the facts with a local attorney, who can take your information in confidence and advise you of your potential remedies.

You can get a free consultation from some of the civil rights attorneys listed by location here.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney.

I hope this information is helpful.