How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20295
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid exgirlfriends malpractice insurance dental hygiene

Customer Question

I paid for my exgirlfriends malpractice insurance for a dental hygiene test. Later found found out she was cheating and I kicked her out. I haven't seen her since and she won't talk to me. So, to get that money back ($5000) for which I have a check receipt and can get a receipt from the company she cashed it with. How/where can I take her to court.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for the information and your question. You can always try to file suit in small claims court in the County where you and she live. That would be the correct forum for suing for a debt owed. The problem you may have is proving that this payment was not a gift. In other words, you will need to convince the court that the agreement was that your former GF was going to pay you back and she didn't.

You can find out about the process and forms you will need by going to the following link:

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment and leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you. Thank you

Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 29th. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.

Related Legal Questions