Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Normally how will a court judgement stay on a title search

Customer Question
Normally how long will a...
Normally how long will a court judgement stay on a title search taken out in 2005 and revived in 2009 can this person revive it again in 2016 original date of judgment was in 2002?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
9/28/2015
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this. Judgments must be revived if it past seven years, per 735 Ill. Comp. Stat. 5/12-108(a). However, a judgment in Illinois is good for TWENTY YEARS at the most (s (735 Ill. Comp. Stat. 5/12-108(a)). This means that a judgment taken out in 2002 expires in 2022.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith by rating me positively.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law