Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am filing a civil suit in District court and I am acting

Customer Question

I am filing a civil suit in District court and I am acting as my own counsel so I am Pro Se, I was wondering if you could direct to a site where I can see how to write up a civil complaint I am in New Mexico and will be filing this in Lincoln County
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

We are not typically a forms database, but what type of case is it and we can see what we can do for you. Also, you are suing on behalf of yourself or an incorporated business entity?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I sold my business and equipment to my ex employeer knowing that they were giving me an employement contract
and they fired me after two years so my complaint for the suit is they owe me $85,000 for an employement contract and that they were not intitled to buy my business at the time because this business was part of a suit in which my employeer was the attorney for this case.John Pacheco

Thank you for your reply.

While we cannot match your facts, here is a complaint from NM for breach of contract (among other issues) which you would use for your template. http://www.informedcynic.com/SEC/sec-court-docs/120511-Pineda-v-SECetc-NMHRCetc.PDF

You would get a summons from the clerk of court's office and when you file your complaint with the clerk, you take the summons and a copy of your complaint and you need to get the sheriff or a professional process server to serve the complaint on the defendant.