How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is in prison because of lewd conduct with a fourteen

Customer Question

My son is in prison because of lewd conduct with a fourteen year he was 41 in state of okla he want me to hire a attoney to try and get him out they gave him 20 years on 1 count and 18 on the other one so what do you think i should do? He has been in and out of jail since he was 21 nothing as serious as this. Im raising his sons and retired. Bought him over 5 cars for him to work.Still couldn't find a job Iive in ks and he was in ok i was always bailing him out because i was a single parent. Now i just want to enjoy being retire and finish raising my grandsons and not have to spend my retirement money on my son. Because what is there to say he will get into something even worst.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

If he has been convicted, then hiring an attorney might not do you any good. Moreover, if he has been convicted and did not appeal the conviction in a timely manner as there is no new evidence that has become available since his conviction which would cast doubt on the veracity of the conviction, then there is virtually nothing that can be done. At this juncture, the only reasonable thing that can be done is to wait on his parole eligibility and have letters written to the parole board by reputable people asking for his release.

While I know this is an extremely emotional thing for you as he is your son, it sounds as though it is in your financial best interests and your grand kid's best interest not to waste your money on an attorney that likely will not be able to get him out of jail on such severe charges. The only way that might work is if there is new and substantial evidence that casts considerable doubt on his guilt or innocence. If that is not available, then you really have no chance at all.

I wish I had better news, but I am trying to help you and your grandchildren.

Please rate my answer positively and let me know if you have any additional questions.


Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Just checking in on you to see if you had any additional questions. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible moving forward with this important issue. Thanks