Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I lost my TSA precheck id number

Customer Question
I lost my TSA precheck id number
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
9/28/2015
Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces before leaving the site today.

Also, if you want me to be your personal TSA Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

ANSWER: If you received your Known Traveler Number (KTN) through TSA PreCheck (paid $85 to enroll), you can find the number in two ways:

1) You can calling the Universal Enrollment Service center and providing biographical information: 855 - 347 - 8371, or

2) Even easier, going to the Universal Enrollment Service website and providing your information online: https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/workflows?workflow=service-status&servicecode=11115V. When you input your information and click "Next," it will take you to your record, where you can locate your KTN.

If you got a Known Traveler Number through one of the other Trusted Traveler programs (paid $100 to enroll), like GOES, or NEXUS or FAST or SENTRI, then you can look on the back of the ID you should have received, where it reads "PASS ID." Otherwise, you can contact Customs and Border Protection (CBP) at 855 - 873 - 4637.

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hello there, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

I understand this is frustrating. I will do what I can to help you get the information you need, but being that I do not work for the TSA, I am limited to providing you with information about how you can check the status of your application.

Please keep in mind that not everyone gets their applications and enrollment done at the same time. Each person goes through his or her own background checks, and if your name is ***** ***** someone else's name, it might cause issues that delay the processing.

ANSWER: The only way to find out the status of your request is to contact the Universal Enrollment Service center, either by going to the website and doing a status update check, or by calling them directly.

Website Status Check: https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/workflows?workflow=service-status&servicecode=11115V

Telephone Status Check: 855 - 347 - 8371

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job.

Thank you!

Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer