How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19131
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed papers with trust company to not make my father's

Customer Question

I signed papers with trust company to not make my father's personal property public. In my father's will it states all personal property other than household furnishings go to children. My step mom would not let anyone in the house to do inventory and left 3 boxes in carport for the trust company to pick up. I feel very played knowing my father had many more items and the trust company is not fighting for my rights and sticking to the will.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How should I proceed
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Regrettably, you would need to force her hand by filing lawsuit against her. If you do not want the proceeding to be public, your Attorney(s) can file Motion to close the proceeding to the public and seal al documents pertaining to the case.

You would need a probate litigation Attorney to assist you with the case. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys: