Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I signed papers with trust company to not make my father's

Customer Question

I signed papers with trust company to not make my father's personal property public. In my father's will it states all personal property other than household furnishings go to children. My step mom would not let anyone in the house to do inventory and left 3 boxes in carport for the trust company to pick up. I feel very played knowing my father had many more items and the trust company is not fighting for my rights and sticking to the will.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How should I proceed
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Regrettably, you would need to force her hand by filing lawsuit against her. If you do not want the proceeding to be public, your Attorney(s) can file Motion to close the proceeding to the public and seal al documents pertaining to the case.

You would need a probate litigation Attorney to assist you with the case. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com