How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42879
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother is 62, fully disabled with MS. He receives

Customer Question

My brother is 62, fully disabled with MS. He receives retirement from the National Park Service, was told he does not qualify for social security. His wife was killed in a car accident five years ago. Should he be able to draw from her social security at this time?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

He can draw both CSRS and social security survivor benefits assuming he was married 10 years or more.Here is reference to that..

Here are contact numbers and information here, he can file online or schedule an appointment.He needs to do this asap to get the benefits flowing...

Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

This is the important part of the first article..

Others become entitled to Social Security benefits

because they are spouses or survivors of covered


Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.

If you can leave a positive rating it is always sincerely ***** ***** am glad I could hep you today.