Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

I m the owner of a car,I have the pink slip. Someone else is

Customer Question

I m the owner of a car,I have the pink slip. Someone else is on registration, I as owner I m I liable if the car does not have insurance?
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Yes...if you are the owner of the vehicle, then you are liable if the car does not have insurance. The fact that there is confusion on the registration and you having the title does cause confusion, but ultimately, if you are the lawful owner of the vehicle, it is your responsibility to make sure that it is insured and you will most certainly be liable for damages caused by the vehicle, in the vast majority of cases, when you are the owner - even if you are not the driver.

Please rate my answer positively and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best wishes going forward!

Just checking to see if you had any other questions or comments. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks