Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767,
8402582

What is the difference between TSA Pre Check and TWIC. Will

Customer Question

What is the difference between TSA Pre Check and TWIC. Will a TWIC card get me through the airport?
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am James. I will be helping you today. I do not get a salary here. But just like you, I want to get credit for doing my job. You are the only person who can help me get credit today. So please do not forget to do that by giving me a positive rating with 3 or more stars or any of the smiling faces before leaving the site today.

Also, if you want me to be your personal TSA Expert, just write “FOR JAMES" at the beginning of any future, new questions, and I will be happy to help you as your personal Expert.

ANSWER: TWIC can be used as a government issued ID, like a driver's license or passport. So in that way it will get you through the airport.

But being enrolled in TWIC will not make you eligible for expedited screening the same way TSA PreCheck does.

I know these issues can be confusing. If you want to discuss this or anything else by phone, I can send you an offer for that. There will be an additional fee, if you want to do that. Please let me know and I will send you the offer.

I hope I have answered your questions. Kindly rate my customer service with a positive rating. I do not get a salary here and this is the only way I am compensated for my efforts. So please do not forget to do that before you log off. You can do that by giving me 3 or more stars, or any of the smiling faces. And you can continue to ask questions even after you have given a rating. Again, giving me a positive rating is the ONLY way I get credit for helping you.

REMINDER: You are not rating the state of the law or the outcome of your situation, which I cannot control. You are rating my customer service. Believe me that I always want to give you good news. But if the outcome is not what you wanted, blame the government and the law, not me. I am only a messenger.

A BONUS is appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

If you have questions in the future, write “FOR JAMES" in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Expert:  Briarcliff767 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I happy to explain what TWIC.

What TWIC is; is a card issued by the govt and it stands for "transportation worker identification card". This means that It gives the holder access to sensitive areas such as waterfront ports and military installations with little or no hang-up. It is used more for companies and truck drivers that have to gain entry into the more secure areas to make deliveries or pick ups. PRE Check is used more for flying and gearing through check points quicker and with less struggle.

Please remember I am not the previous expert and to rate my answer if it answers all your questions. If you do not see an option to rate me please let me know and I will let the site know all you need to do is tell me if I have answered all your questions and how you rate my service to you today.

Have a wonderful rest of the week !