How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31789
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter lives in Lexington .I live in City Tn.Can I get

Customer Question

My daughter lives in Lexington Ky.I live in Johnson City Tn.Can I get legal rights to see my Grandchildren.I traveled there every month.Now because of a disagreement she says I can't see them.Every time she gets mad she won't let me see my grandchildren.What can I do.I love them so much.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If the children live in KY, then the law of that state would apply......and if you seek visitation through court, you'll have to file in their home county.

That said, you as grandparents have the right to see visitation.....and the judge will decide whether or not to grant it based on what is in the best interest of the children. Here's a good link that outlines the issues courts review: