Michael Lykken, Esq
Michael Lykken, Esq,
Experience:  Partner at Soares & Lykken, Attorneys at Law
77500129

What are my rights in California (as POA/advance health care

Customer Question

What are my rights in California (as POA/advance health care directive individual) for withdrawing the PEG feeding tube (aka G-tube) once inserted into my grandmother stomach that show no signs of recovery?
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

If you are the agent authorized to make medical decisions for your grandmother,, and your grandmother does not have capacity to make her own decisions, you have the right to make this decision subject to any limitations your grandmother may have made in her advance health care directive. If anyone wants to stop you, they would have to apply for an injunction from court.

Hello, I hope you are happy with my answer. If so, I would appreciate if you could rate my answer so that I can get credit for it. If you have additional questions, please ask them and I will do my best to answer them.