How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Lykken, Esq Your Own Question
Michael Lykken, Esq
Michael Lykken, Esq,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 103
Experience:  Partner at Soares & Lykken, Attorneys at Law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Michael Lykken, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are my rights in California (as POA/advance health care

Customer Question

What are my rights in California (as POA/advance health care directive individual) for withdrawing the PEG feeding tube (aka G-tube) once inserted into my grandmother stomach that show no signs of recovery?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

If you are the agent authorized to make medical decisions for your grandmother,, and your grandmother does not have capacity to make her own decisions, you have the right to make this decision subject to any limitations your grandmother may have made in her advance health care directive. If anyone wants to stop you, they would have to apply for an injunction from court.

Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I hope you are happy with my answer. If so, I would appreciate if you could rate my answer so that I can get credit for it. If you have additional questions, please ask them and I will do my best to answer them.