How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118248
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My domestic partner 74 yrs old i am 68 yrs he has parkinson

Customer Question

my domestic partner 74 yrs old i am 68 yrs he has parkinson desease He twice cut off the joint account with his ex wife first is 2nd wk os may 2015 buit the ex insisted her be again in his account and he joint account w her but since she is transferring fund on her own account Jerry cut her name and transfer his money to a new account This made his ex upset and furious and whenever she called him Jerry suffersa stress worry and problems He needs help whenever d ex call him Jerry got nervous she threatened problem to jerry and he is hqving tremors and getting sick what to do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The ex has no right, absent a court order, to be on his accounts. One option you can do with Jerry is get him to agree to allow you to obtain court ordered guardianship over him and his affairs (conservatorship) and then you can control the accounts and his ex cannot demand anything of him because he would no longer have the legal right to make the changes and you can also then take out a restraining order on her to prohibit any further contact.

Another option, if he is strong enough to stick to it, is Jerry can obtain a restraining order against her and prevent her from making any more contact with him and if she violates that then she can go to jail.

Third, if she continues to harass him, you can report this to Adult Protective Services for financial and emotional abuse of the elderly/infirm and have them step in to investigate to put an end to this conduct as it is causing him issues.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** the answer already and choose the third option.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your posting your question.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.