How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been receiving routine steroid injections a decade

Customer Question

I have been receiving routine steroid injections for over a decade and on about February 20, 2014, I was a patient at the UC Davis Heath Systems where a physician  assistance performed the steroid injection at the C7-T1 mid line. Immediately following the injection,  I developed  what is described as a transient mental status changes and hypertension.  I experienced blurry vision, as well as difficulty thinking, processing and understanding.  An ambulance was called for nearsyncopal incident and I was transferred  to the UC Davis Emergency Department.  After my release from the emergency department,  the left side of my face drop and felt very heavy  and numb.
As a result of this negligence,  I now have damage to my cognitive abilities which consequently  led to my unemployment.  I lost my position with Johnson and Johnson as a Senior Chemist/ Metrologist due to the fact that it is now unsafe for me to operate machinery  and chemicals. After a lot of procrastination they finally told me i had a stroke, two. I can not provide for my family and the doctors continue to attempt to fine fault on my behave. Now they are taking me to deposition noting I am not capable or able to obtain a lawyer.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

Medical malpractice claims are based on expert testimony, this means you, or your attorney, will need to find a medical expert in the same, or similar field, to testify as to the standard of care in the industry, whether your physician or facility's conduct fell below that standard, and whether that negligence was the cause of your injury. The same (or a different) expert can then testify as to your projected future damages and cost of medical care.

Due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a medical malpractice plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment).

You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).