Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer and legal specialist.
20011183

I work insurance company in charge of Medical Claims and we

Customer Question

I work for an insurance company in charge of Medical Claims and we have a backlog of data to be entered I was asked to count boxe files of claims and make sure the data was entered on an excel sheet . I have 160 box files full of medical claims to be done by 6 people in two days,I decide to use excel sheets from the providers to import the information but my boss wants us to enter manually which i find unrealistic, after he discovers i used my own method he gave me a warning letter which i have refused to sign .Please advice . can i send you a copy to see?
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 2 years ago.

You could certainly post a copy of the letter, but unfortunately there is unlikely anything in that letter which would legally invalidate it. An employer is allowed to both set tasks and the methods of completion for those tasks.

If the manager wanted the information entered manually, nothing in law makes that requirement illegal even if it is unrealistic. The warning, whether fair or not, is perfectly legal and there isn't any means here for you to have it removed or altered.