Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

My husband filed bankrupty had a outstanding water bill, on

Customer Question

my husband filed bankrupty had a outstanding water bill, on an apartment. Iapplied to turn the water on in my name with perfect credit.I have nothing to do with my husband,s credit why am I denied. georgia
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

That is a good question. Even though it is the same address, the city should not be allowed to preclude you from switching the bill to your name - as long as no outstanding balance is in place relative to the address. If you pay off the remaining balance, you should be able to switch it to your name without issue. The city does have the legal authority to deny the switch until the balance is paid, however, since the same individuals will still legally reside in the house.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Please also rate my answer positively so I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks!

Let me know if you have any additional questions or comments. I want to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks!