How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband filed bankrupty had a outstanding water bill, on

Customer Question

my husband filed bankrupty had a outstanding water bill, on an apartment. Iapplied to turn the water on in my name with perfect credit.I have nothing to do with my husband,s credit why am I denied. georgia
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

That is a good question. Even though it is the same address, the city should not be allowed to preclude you from switching the bill to your name - as long as no outstanding balance is in place relative to the address. If you pay off the remaining balance, you should be able to switch it to your name without issue. The city does have the legal authority to deny the switch until the balance is paid, however, since the same individuals will still legally reside in the house.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Please also rate my answer positively so I can receive credit for my work.


Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or comments. I want to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks!

Related Legal Questions