How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118615
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a letter from state of Florida Department of

Customer Question

I received a letter from state of Florida Department of Children and Families stating the following is information about your eligibility
stating the law supports this action (FL admin. code =R (fl statue = S), R65A-1.705, R65A-1.709
we just moved in from pennsylavania to florida when I got the health care service I was sick and also took care of my mother then this pass February ? maybe March I was approved for social security through my deceased husband and my medical problems so I had both insurances I did not change any thing because of living with my brother inlaw we had to get him a second insurance he is 65 so I thought I was okay with both since medicare does not cover a lot of my medical problems which is survival of hepatitis C very high blood pressure clorestrol being high I also have severe plaque psoriasis with the arthritis in my hans spine and knees what do I need to do are they going to throw me in jail I didn't know you couldn't have both insurances and where can I
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If they prove you were ineligible for benefits, they are looking to collect from you the money they paid out. They are not typically looking to put anyone in jail for this unless they prove intentional fraud involved. If they could not prove that you intended to defraud them, then they are seeking reimbursement. The director of medicaid can waive the repayment if you prove significant financial hardship.

At this point you need to go to legal aid and get legal representation and you should not deal with this yourself, because if you make any mistake it could cost you significant harm here that a lawyer cannot later correct.