Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I have never been billed until 9-17-15 in october and and

Customer Question

i have never been billed until 9-17-15 for services in october and and september of 2014 it is a bill from a phyiscian is there a law or statue of limitations on how long they have to bill me in other words am i still responsible for the bill
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

Good morning. Thank you for using JA. Which state are you located?

Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

Are you online with me?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am in omaha NE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are u online w me
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

Good afternoon. Thank you for the additional information.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

The Nebraska statute of limitations for written contracts is 5 years and 4 years for oral contracts. So, a bill given for medical services provided the year before is well within the limitations period, even if it is a poor business practice. Unless you have another defense, you would be liable for the bill.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not necessarily a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.