Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

I am from Louiwe were waiting on sheriff sale when previous

Customer Question

I am from Louiwe were waiting on sheriff sale when previous client filed bankruptsy my att. had to get sheriff sale released from br.court inorder to proceed with sheriff sale. I lost a lot of money waiting on att. was it conflict of interest for my att. to represent us both. we owner financed her home for her in 2 years we were in this mes please helpsiana nepol.law. question: my attorney represented a client in a shady case about incompetence and won leaving innocent people out of will. later that same attorney my att. now,represented me in a sheriff sale aginst his previous client. he drew it out so long we missed forclosure
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

That is a very good question. A true 'conflict of interest' exists if the type of representation is similar and if the information obtained in the past would affect this case. For example if an attorney represents one party in a divorce matter and then represents the other party in the same divorce, there is clear conflict since the information known from the first case can directly affect the second representation. But if an attorney represents someone in a contractual negotiation and then represents the other party against the first in a criminal matter, unless the contract is in any way part of it, there is likely to be no conflict. It would still be prudent for that attorney to obtain written releases from both parties so that the parties agreed to this representation. Still, unless you can point to something where the attorney knew something or intentionally used past knowledge to harm the case, it is likely not a conflict. You can still file a complaint with the bar association and ask that they investigate to make sure, but again, so far it does not look like outright conflict, but it definitely should likely not have been done.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.