How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris T., JD Your Own Question
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4827
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Chris T., JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I withdraw a" guilty but" plea that I set up for jury

Customer Question

how do I withdraw a" guilty but" plea that I set up for jury court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

So, you haven't actually entered a guilty plea yet, correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 1 year ago.

Then you have nothing to withdraw. You still have the right to go to trial with a jury, where you can present your argument. Your argument is more of a jury nullification argument than it is an actual legal defense. In other words, you aren't arguing that you weren't speeding or that you had some legal defense. You are more arguing that you were speeding, but there is some reason the jury should still find you not guilty.