How do I withdraw a" guilty but" plea that I set up for jury…

Customer Question
how do I withdraw a"...
how do I withdraw a" guilty but" plea that I set up for jury court?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2015
Lawyer: Chris T., JD, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

So, you haven't actually entered a guilty plea yet, correct?

correct

Then you have nothing to withdraw. You still have the right to go to trial with a jury, where you can present your argument. Your argument is more of a jury nullification argument than it is an actual legal defense. In other words, you aren't arguing that you weren't speeding or that you had some legal defense. You are more arguing that you were speeding, but there is some reason the jury should still find you not guilty.