How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27765
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex got a concussion from slipping on ice at s job. He's

Customer Question

My ex got a concussion from slipping on ice at his job. He's been off of work since Feb 2015. He claims to have memory loss and dizziness, difficulty driving yet he plays in bocce tournaments and has driven the kids to Cedar Point, an hour and a half away and rode roller coasters. He has had his mother drive him to doctor's appointments. I feel it makes his case look better. What are your thoughts?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.


Your instincts would seem to be better than your husband's. Having someone else do the driving and avoiding situations which could compromise the amount of money he could be awarded would be in his best interest.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is he manipulating the system? I have received $28-40 every 2 weeks for child support. Is there a case here or no? Can't work, but can play sports and ride roller coasters?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.

I couldn't possibly tell you if he's manipulating anything without being privy to his medical reports, his restrictions, and any other relevant legal documents. I'm only suggesting that if he's made a worker's comp claim and he's supposed to follow doctor's orders and refrain from certain activities, he doesn't do himself any favor by disregarding that.

As for whether you have any kind of a case, you can certainly bring this evidence up in Family Court if you feel that he's ducking work and/or fraudulently padding his injuries to duck or keep down his child support obligations.