How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 39031
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Legal Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Soon to be 68 yr old...what paperwork do I need to get

Customer Question

Soon to be 68 yr old...what paperwork do I need to get beside will to protect me and my family?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.


For most people, a (1) Will, a (2) Durable Power of Attorney, and an (3) Advance Healthcare Directive is all that is necessary.

If you have substantial assets, such as a home or other real estate, then you also probably need a (4) revocable trust.

What else would you like to know?